At Landus, we are pleased to offer a scholarship program to high school seniors in our territory who plan to obtain a post-secondary education in an agricultural-related field. These young leaders will play a critical role in shaping agriculture in the coming decades.
As a farmer-owned cooperative, we are privileged to be in a position to consult with producers who are feeding the world as well as support the educational pursuits of those who will positively influence the industry for years to come. While the cost of post-secondary education rises, the goal of obtaining an advanced education is becoming harder to realize. This scholarship program is designed to recognize students’ academic achievements and potential while responding to the financial pressures felt by many rural families.
Landus will be awarding five (5) one-year scholarships in the amount of $2,000 each during the 2021/2022 academic year. Recipients must enter an agriculture or life sciences program at the accredited post-secondary institution of their choice. Recipients will be chosen by an independent committee supervised by the Iowa College Student Aid Commission.
We sincerely hope you will take advantage of the “Excellence in Agriculture” scholarship program and wish you success in achieving your academic goals.
- Applicant and/or parent (guardian) must be a voting member (Class A) in good standing of Landus, account number required.
- Applicant must be a high school senior graduating in the spring of the 2021/2022 school year.
- Applicant must have a cumulative high school grade point average of 2.5 or greater on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicant must pursue a career in an agriculture or life sciences field of study attending the accredited post-secondary school of his or her choice.
- Dependents of directors and officers of Landus are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- The application must be postmarked or submitted online on Landus' website no later than Thursday, March 31, 2022, in order to be considered for the award.
All areas of the application are required:
- Applicant Information
- Activities and Work Experience
- Student Statement and Essay
- Reference Letter—to be completed by high school teacher
- Signature Page
There are two ways to complete this application:
- Complete fillable PDF
- Complete online application
*Handwritten applications will not be accepted.
This application must be postmarked, hand-delivered to the office of any Landus location, or submitted online no later than March 31, 2022, in order to be considered for the award. Scholarship recipients will be notified by mail on or before May 2, 2022.
Mailed applications should be sent to:
Attention: Scholarship Committee
220 SW 9th St., Ste. 300 Des Moines, IA 50309-4320
Further questions regarding Landus' "Excellence in Agriculture" scholarship program should be directed to: