Five area seniors pursuing agriculture-related degrees earn $2,000 scholarships
(DES MOINES, Iowa) April 21, 2023 — Landus announced five recipients of its $2,000 Excellence in Agriculture scholarship for high school seniors pursuing post-secondary education in an ag-related field.
“Landus is proud to support scholarships and learning experiences to help prepare students for the future challenges the agriculture industry will present.”
The Excellence in Agriculture Scholarship winners include:
- Grant Gleason, son of Dustin and Andrea Gleason of Audubon, Iowa; Audubon High School. Field of Study: Agricultural Studies from Iowa State University
- Tyler Lightner, son of Zac and Darci Lightner of Lohrville, Iowa; South Central Calhoun High School. Field of study: Agricultural Systems Technology at Iowa State University
- Sydney Hurd, daughter of Andrew and Lisa Hurd of Nemaha, Iowa; Storm Lake St. Mary’s. Field of study: Agricultural Communications & Agricultural Business at Iowa State University
- Gavin Larsen, son of Scott and Abigail Larsen of Audubon, Iowa; Audubon High School. Field of study: Agricultural Systems Technology at Iowa State University
- Clara Smuck, daughter of Bradley and Jacqueline Smuck of Iowa Falls, Iowa; South Hamilton High School. Field of study: Animal Science/Pre-Vet at Iowa State University
About the scholarship:
- Applicant and/or parent (guardian) must be a voting member (Class A) in good standing of Landus, account number required.
- Applicant must be a high school senior graduating in the spring of the 2022/2023 school year.
- Applicant must have a cumulative high school grade point average of 2.5 or greater on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicant must pursue a career in an agriculture or life sciences field of study attending the accredited post-secondary school of his or her choice.
- Dependents of directors and officers of Landus are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
For more information about the scholarship program please contact Sarah Bunge, Donations and Scholarship Coordinator, (515) 817-2156 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a farmer-owned cooperative headquartered in Iowa, Landus elevates and uplifts thousands of farmers in communities throughout rural America. By activating the power of data to connect key contributors across the ag supply chain, we’re helping farmers build sustainable and profitable businesses and activating a more secure food and fuel future for farmers and consumers alike. For more information, visit landus.ag.