Five area seniors pursuing agriculture related degrees earn $2,000 scholarships
(AMES, Iowa) April 27, 2021 - Landus announced five recipients of its $2,000 Excellence in Agriculture scholarship for high school seniors pursuing post-secondary education in an ag-related field.
“Landus is proud to support scholarships and learning experiences to help prepare students for the future challenges the agriculture industry will present,” said President & CEO, Matt Carstens as he expressed encouragement for these students. “These young men and women are the future of the agriculture industry,” Carstens added.
The Excellence in Agriculture winners include:
- Matthew Brinkman, son of Steve and Ann Brinkman of Audubon; senior at Audubon High School. Field of study: Animal Science at Iowa State University.
- Cole Corey, son of Terry and Stacy Corey of Lake City; senior at South Central Calhoun High School. Field of study: Agricultural Studies Iowa State University.
- Maxwell Ehrich, son of Shawn and Mary Ehrich of Elmore, MN; senior at Blue Earth Area High School. Field of study: Ag Business and Finance, at Iowa State University or South Dakota State.
- Faith Kuehl, daughter of Scott and Barb Kuehl of Woodward; senior at Woodward-Granger High School. Field of study: Agriculture Business at Iowa State University.
- Laci Riedesel, daughter of Brian and Rhonda Riedesel; senior at South Central Calhoun High School. Field of study: Ag Business at Des Moines Area Community College.
About the scholarship:
- Applicant and/or parent (guardian) must be a voting member (Class A) in good standing of Landus Cooperative, account number required.
- Applicant must be a high school senior graduating in the spring of the 2020/2021 school year.
- Applicant must have a cumulative high school grade point average of 2.5 or greater on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicant must pursue a career in an agriculture or life sciences field of study attending the accredited post-secondary school of his or her choice.
- Dependents of directors and officers of Landus are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
For more information about the scholarship program please contact Sarah Bunge, Donations and Scholarship Coordinator, (515) 817-2156 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Landus is a farmer-owned agricultural cooperative headquartered in Ames, Iowa. We employ about 600 full-time employees at locations in more than 60 communities to serve our 7,000 farmer-owners. We are Iowa’s largest agricultural cooperative providing unmatched scale, expertise, facilities, and logistics. Our products and services span the five pillars of agronomy, grain, feed, animal nutrition, and data.
For more information, visit LandusCooperative.com