Five area seniors pursuing agriculture related degrees earn $2,000 scholarships
(AMES, Iowa) April 27, 2022 —Landus announced five recipients of its $2,000 Excellence in Agriculture scholarship for high school seniors pursuing post-secondary education in an ag-related field.
“Landus is proud to support scholarships and learning experiences to help prepare students for the future challenges the agriculture industry will present,” said Matt Carstens, President & CEO, as he expressed encouragement for these students. “These young men and women are the future of the agriculture industry,” Carstens added.
The Excellence in Agriculture winners include:
- Valerie Beukema, daughter of Todd and Dawn Beukema of Bondurant; senior at Bondurant-Farrar High School. Field of Study: Veterinary Technician at Des Moines Area Community College.
- Catie Collison, daughter of Vince and Jane Collison of Lake City; senior at South Central Calhoun High School. Field of study: Animal Science (Pre-Veterinary) at Iowa State University.
- Cody Felt, son of David and Jennifer Felt of Adel; senior at ADM High School. Field of study: Agriculture Studies at Iowa State University.
- Corey Heithoff, son of Danny and Brenda Heithoff of Coon Rapids; senior at Coon Rapids-Bayard High School. Field of study: Agricultural Engineering at Iowa State University.
- Levi Steinkamp, son of Doug and Julie Steinkamp of Wall Lake; senior at East Sac County High School. Field of study: Agriculture Science at Northwest Missouri State University.
About the scholarship:
- Applicant and/or parent (guardian) must be a voting member (Class A) in good standing of Landus Cooperative, account number required.
- Applicant must be a high school senior graduating in the spring of the 2021/2022 school year.
- Applicant must have a cumulative high school grade point average of 2.5 or greater on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicant must pursue a career in an agriculture or life sciences field of study attending the accredited post-secondary school of his or her choice.
- Dependents of directors and officers of Landus are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
For more information about the scholarship program please contact Sarah Bunge, Donations and Scholarship Coordinator, (515) 817-2156 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Landus is a farmer-owned agricultural cooperative headquartered in Ames, Iowa. The cooperative employs about 600 full-time employees at locations in more than 60 communities to serve over 7,000 farmer-owners. Landus is Iowa’s largest agricultural cooperative providing unmatched scale, expertise, facilities, and logistics. Products and services span the five pillars of agronomy, grain, feed, animal nutrition, and data. For information visit: landuscooperative.com